View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 12:55 PM   #22
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
But today, our immigration system is broken, and everybody knows it.

Families who enter our country the right way and play by the rules watch others flout the rules.

When I took office, I committed to fixing this broken immigration system. And I began by doing what I could to secure our borders.

First, we’ll build on our progress at the border with additional resources for our law enforcement personnel so that they can stem the flow of illegal crossings, and speed the return of those who do cross over.

And that’s why we’re going to keep focusing enforcement resources on actual threats to our security. Felons, not families. Criminals, not children. Gang members, not a mother who’s working hard to provide for her kids. We’ll prioritize, just like law enforcement does every day.

Now here’s the thing: we expect people who live in this country to play by the rules. We expect that those who cut the line will not be unfairly rewarded.

....pass a criminal background check,

If you’re a criminal, you’ll be deported. If you plan to enter the U.S. illegally, your chances of getting caught and sent back just went up.
you should forward these pearls of wisdom over to the Sanctuary cities, this sounds like pretty sound advice.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."