View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
There's always at least one tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
We need a President who isn't a laughing stock to the entire World. We need a truly great leader, a genius at strategy and winning. Respect!
3:30 AM · Aug 9, 2014·Twitter for Android

I can’t remember the last time anyone, let alone a president of the United States, was laughed off a continent.

It’s worth observing, as Floridaman stalks off early from the NATO summit because his deeply sensitive personal feelings were hurt, that we’re all old enough to remember he criticized the House for holding an impeachment hearing during the important business of that summit.

I have to laugh at the pompous, self-important cockiness of Canadian and European "World Leaders." Or is it just that Trump hurts their feelings?

Still haven't found that Trump said he would not commit to article 5. I Kind of like his criticisms of NATO. They are honest criticisms, not snide backbiting ploys to destroy it. Calling it obsolete may be too general, but some specifics may well be. It certainly is not a call to scrap it, but a call to fix it. Not contributing fair economic share seems like something that should be pointed out. It's apparently OK, though, for the superior other "World Leaders," like Macron, to criticize NATO.

Would it be a good thing if the U.S. was kicked out of NATO and the superior Europeans took on its burden entirely themselves. The superior European "World Leaders" have always sort of looked at the U.S. as an overgrown somewhat boorish, unsophisticated and backward looking adolescent. No doubt Europe's superior thinkers could do a bang up job of protecting themselves. Well . . . you know . . . after they all got on the same page and quit criticizing each other.