View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

long day yesterday

i am an idiot
got home this am about 5:30, not from fishing though
long story short since i am typing with my left index finger
at 5:50 pm yesterday i accidently shot an 1-1/2" cabinet staple all the way into my hand entrapping the tendon for the index finger maybe into bone but not likely, buried all the way in, i tried to get it out with an awl at home but gave up when i pulled it about 1/8" and had resistance and noticed i could not straighten my finger.
smooth move by me as the gun slipped off the side and hit my hand which should not have been in the way
morton hospital tok a long time, finally took xray and then said i need hand surgeon they gave me iv antibiotics and tried to push morphine on me, i said no morphine.
i said just pull it out of me, they wanted to wait till the next day , i said no
they call boston and get me transfered to tufts
finally get there after 11
wait and wait, finally the ortho guy who had to come in from home for another case also gets to me, more xray, a local nerve block which i said i didn't need but at that point i was not arguing.
it's out by 3:30 or 4 am finally
i brought a stick of the same staple to show what it was, he was very glad i did that. he shows it to me and asks if i want it, i say no thanks, you keep it i have plenty.
my brother came to pick us up and arrived as we walked out, nothing to eat since lunch, but i have enough reserves

gotta go back tom. and see hand clinic just to be sure all is well

i won't be doing that again any time soon

it's my right hand so i'm useless with a splint on it

don't ever shoot yourself with a pneumatic air gun, it sucks
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote