View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #84
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Not sure the jury is in yet on the success or failures of his policy decisions, those typically don't show either way for years. I'm sure you have already called them successes and while I'm in favor of some, many I see as bad long term decisions.
Then I guess I'll have to wait "for years" to make a judgment on Trump. But until we can get the numbers on how many times the NYT, the Wapost, Hillary, Bill, Bush, Reagan, Kennedy, Biden, LBJ, John Kerry, CNN, NBC, CBS, Fox, all the Dems, all the Repubs, etceteraaaaaaa, have lied or been wrong, yet still managed to convince the rest of us how good they are . . . until then I'm going to pass on the importance of Trump's numbers.

The fact that media are spending more time on stuff like counting how many times Trump, according to them, lied, exhibits for me some form of desperation. I'm guessing, if they listed each lie, that the vast majority would be either a stretch or unimportant.

Long before Trump, I have noticed "lies" by politicians, Press, editorials and opinion pieces that are biased, ignorant, wrong, false, on a daily basis. If there could be a compilation of how many times these occurred, the number would be staggering. And I'm not talking party lines here. What is essentially propaganda disguised as facts crosses party lines. Just about every political article posted on this forum can be critiqued by someone as wrong, biased, or dishonest.

I don't apologize for not recognizing our Press and media as being unerring sources of truth when it comes to political matters. On the contrary, I view them primarily as promoters of agendas. So, for me, the agenda is what matters. The Progressive agenda is anathema to me in terms of what I consider the fundamentals, the foundations, of freedom.

I understand the foundation of Progressivism and how, and why it's superficial understanding of human nature has emotionally and morally gripped so many in our wealthy, technologically advanced Western civilization.

But I believe that it leads to the very opposite of that on which this nation was founded. That is what concerns me, not the number of what those who have an agenda consider to be lies--especially if those "lies" don't amount to a hill of beans.