Thread: Palins Alaska
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Alaska is beautiful, she makes me want to puke.
What is it about her that makes you want to puke? The fact that she loves the outdoors, or the fact that she loves her husband and kids, or the fact that she had the compassion to give birth to a baby with Downs, or the fact that she raised her son to love his country enough to serve in the Army, or do you hate the fact that she had enough integrity to expose political corruption even in her own party?

Or is it her politics you hate? Do you hate the fact that she thinks unborn babies have the right to live, or the fact the she wants to kill terrorists, or the fact that she believes in low taxes, or the fact that she wants to keep the feds out of your face as much as possible?

Maybe you buy into the notion that she's stupid, because she has said some dumb things on camera? Well, Obama has been caught on film saying there are 57 states in the US, and that Europe is a country...but he gets a pass. And Joe Biden has put his foot in his mouth enough times to keep the writers at Saturday Night Live busy for the next decade.

I am a conservative who would never vote for Gov Palin in a primary, IO have my reasons. But all the personal hatred ticks me off. Unlike most politicians, she was not born rich. From humble beginnings, she became the best governor in the entire country (based on the fact that she had the highest approval ratings of any governor). As governor, she lowered taxes, balanced the budget, and did all that without hurting her state's economy. That sounds pretty good to me. Maybe you know politicians who have done better?