View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #10
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetwater View Post
Well, I don't know you personally. But if you work in a job that rewards laziness and underproduction and shuns those who work hard and do well, I'd guess you either have a union job or a government job.

I hope this isn't taken with offense.
I did , but when the president of the Union tells you "$25 of crack goes a long way in Brockton" and you ask him to clarify what he is saying and he tells you "you are making people look bad and you could get conked on the head" you walk away. Especially after the police interview you and photograph your truck for a supposed hit and run in the parking lot that your co-workers and the witness identify your truck has the vehicle responsible on your last day of probation. Luckily I knew the cop and he knew me well enough to see through what was happening.
Then when working private sector jobs and getting harassed and called a brown noser all the time because you take your job seriously you tend to just say F-it I give up and choose to live a simple life without much, yeah I loose. Good thing my family owned a business (union shop) where I learned my work ethic (always being watched and set an example) which they sold so I have a trust fund for my future.