View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
Mr. Sandman

IMO The earth is still evolving...hence "climate change" is to be expected. What disturbs me is that for some reason many experts think the earth should be static I guess.

There were ice ages, heat waves, droughts storms volcanos tsunamis for the last billion years and will be for the next billion. The desarts in the West were once seafloor bottoms! What is new now is the "reality TV" world and instant news coverage of anything "bad". The weather has become a reality show. Frankly Sandy was not that bad in the big picture. Yeah I know lots of property was destroyed. But what really happened was populations increased in these storm hit areas and it seems worse now but really there were many storms that were alot worse over the years and did not get the coverage. (Its all about getting free money from the gov).

Mankind ***may*** be contributing to the warming process to some small degree but I think the earth is doing the majority of changing on its own.

The bottom line is that if this is just about ocean temp and not over fishing then the cod just "moved" to someplace else..ie to find the colder water...but they are not there either, just ask Canada. This is about one thing...poor resource management over the course of decades.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote