View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 10:14 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I never claimed he or his policies resulted in the price drop. However bc of his policies the price drop was a "tick" greater. demand would have been slightly higher as you say.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
We're mostly saying the same thing.

But the increase in supply, which did likely cause the price drop, is likely tied to frakking. And that's something that liberals never would have allowed if they could have stopped it.

I saw on CNN tonight that the average US family will save over $1,000 in 2015 due to the drop in oil price, which is due to increased supply. How much greater would supply be, and therefore how much lower would prices be, and therefore how much more money would we all have in our pockets, had we been drilling more aggressively?

And I can't wait to see what happens to demand for electric/hybrid cars for the next 12 months, with gas so cheap.

An interesting and challenging mess, not easy to draw a straight line between cause and effect. From where I sit, Obama will continue to claim credit for most good things and dodge responsibility for all bad things. We've come a long way from "the buck stops here".