Thread: Some outfits
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
eelman

Those Sabre blanks are the only ones I will fish with, next to that I would go for the St. Croix line of rods. My favorite school bass setup is the St.Croix Tidemaster TC80HF 8 FT. What a fantastic ittle rod!

I just baught a new reel made by St. Croix called the "Avid 300" its a casting reel a hair smaller than a calcutta, I was skepticle aught it anyway, just looked and felt too beutifull to pass up at $ 210.00 it was an expensive gamble, however now that I have used it, it was well worth the price, I have used calcuttas since they came out and have nothing but good things to say about them, but man this reel cast even smother if you can believe that!! what a sweet reel, after some digging I found out that the reel is made by daiwa, there top of the line millionair . It is awesome cant wait to try it with eels.

As for the penn 965 overall I never found that reel as good as the calcutta and so it sits in the shed, anyway check these avid casting reels out they are awesome. Next I want to see what this calcutta "te" is all about
eelman is offline   Reply With Quote