View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #48
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So now, after you relentlessly smear those who are off-handedly called "extremists," you go to the "extreme" card. Where did I say "nobody" would go there? I was responding to Paul's assumption that Obama was the most insulted President ever.

Sure, there are those who will not be intimidated, no matter what the threat, against smearing. Just as there will be those who insist that something is a racist smear, even when rational discussions don't demonstrate such characterization. I suppose, one could use your phrase and say when it is demonstrably shown that something accused of being racist is really not, that would merely be an inability to lay a finger on the proof, and the real racism is there in spite of the evidence to the contrary.

My response to Paul was that Obama is not the most insulted President in history. Far from it. The reason I mentioned, among others that I didn't think so, was the fear by some of being accused of racism--the fear of the race card. Not that nobody would resort to racism. Your resort to the "extreme" card is inappropriate. I know you don't like inappropriate. Surprised you'ld go there. Not.
Extreme card? Hell, the birther movement was GOP mainstream. Shall we count the politicians and Republican celebs who dabbled in Kenyan sensibilities? Should we go through the posts here where people couldn't help themselves but to stress the President's middle name?

It's a good thing the fear of political correctness kept these chaps at bay what with the POTUS bringing all that blackness to the office and all.