View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 09:51 AM   #54
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence / PaulS -

The assassin said very explicitly that this was a revenge murder - "two of yours for two of ours", something like that. He was clearly motivated by the racial aspect of the 2 cases. Problem is, in these 2 cases, there is precisely zero evidence that race was a factor. So where did this troubled young man get the idea that Brown and Garner were killed because of race? Hmm? Not from watching Sean Hannity (who is a clown, but you get my point).
Good we can agree that Hannity is a clown. He's actually much less of a clown on his radio show but for some reason turns it up for TV.

This whole story isn't really about Brown and Garner. It's about a much broader perception that black men are judged and treated with a negative bias. The spotlight on recent events has just snowballed and people are demanding action.

The guy was also clearly crazy.

Quote:
Words matter. And the larger the pul[it one has, the more responsibility one has to be responsible with their words. All those signs "black lives matter", when there is no evidence to support the notion that there is a systemic pattern of racial assassinations among white police officers. James Woods nailed it, Sharpton is a "pig", and it's unfathomable that a sitting President would anoint him with such elevated status. Quite a circle of patriots Obama has surrounded himself with - Michelle (wasn't proud of my country despite being an Ivy League educated millionaire), Bill Ayers, Rev Wright, Al Sharpton. Quite a crew.
I don't think there's a "systemic pattern of racial assassinations" by the police. I do think there appears to be patterns of bias within the system that leads disproportionally to more killing of unarmed black men. The cops aren't out looking for people to shoot.

I also think the process of oversight in these events is so heavily biased towards the police that it gives the appearance the system isn't fair. Granted, the police should be given the benefit of doubt, but the indictment process could likely be improved.

Either the system is biased against black men or people just seem to think so...either way the outrage is real. A big problem is a lack of good national data...this would be a great place to start.

And as for those "words" you keep mentioning. How about the ones claiming the Mayor is nearly complicit in this crime? How much damage are they doing?

Last edited by spence; 12-23-2014 at 09:56 AM..