Thread: H-Bomb
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #43
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, here's my issue with the left's treatment of Trump.

For 8 years, the left claimed that it was no big deal that Obama was admittedly close to two loathsome racists - Rev Wright, and Rev Sharpton.

But now, the left is telling me it's a huge deal that Trump associated himself with Steve Bannon. And I guess it's a bad sign that Trump doesn't wake up every morning and have a press conference that he doesn't start off by saying "I don't like Hitler".

My dog could spot the glaring double standard, and he's not an overly bright dog.

Does the right engage in that kind of hypocrisy? Of course, that's politics. But not to the same degree. Lots of conservatives criticize Trump when he deserves it. Not many liberals dared to criticize Obama. It's not the same thing.

If I was a lefty political consultant, i would be telling the DNC to spread the message that despite controlling everything, the GOP can't get a damn thing done. That's a very fair criticism (it ticks me off to no end), and it could hurt the GOP in 2018. Instead, the democrats are devoting all their time to making Trump out to be Darth Vader. Maybe it will work. We'll see.
You could have just said... "but Obama..."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device