View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #40
detbuch

QUOTE=spence;1046194]I'm still dumfounded how Alito could play the corporations are people card without any reference to Citizens United.

???????

There's a lot of irony as well.

???????

So the for profit corporation now has deep Christian convictions that must not be infringed...but what would Jesus think about company owned by billionaires?

The entire ACA and its implementation is an infringement not just on First Amendment Rights, but on the whole founding notion of individual liberty and personal unalienable rights. I guess, since that doesn't dumbfound you, you would be dumbfounded by some small infringement on the whole massive infringement.

As for Jesus . . . He would not be concerned by any of it. Not by conservatism, progressivism, the Constitution, Marxism, statism, whatever . . . render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's. If the State were to take your life because of your belief in Him, what would matter to Him is that you would give that life to follow Him. The State would lose a body, but heaven would gain a soul.

I may be wrong, but that is my understanding.

And perhaps the best part is the Right celebrating a case where the Court says the easy solution is for the Government to just pay for the contraception.

That's rich.

That is a progressive notion which "the Right" should not adopt, but throws, probably sarcastically, back at the dependence on government regulation instead of self regulation. It is, in my opinion, wrongheaded. "The Right" should stick with personal responsibility in matters such as choice of contraception. Anyway, when the government "pays" for something, it is always the people, in the long run, who are doing the paying. It's just that, when the government rather than the individual decides, some individuals get shafted and others benefit. But that is exactly, besides the massive infringement, what the government mandated ACA does.

While this case may not open up the flood gates like some predict I do think it's opened up a can of worms the Court may regret.

-spence[/QUOTE]

The can of worms was long ago opened by the Court when it began en masse abandoning the Constitution and legislating from the bench. The process is just carrying itself out. This decision is just a tiny correction.