View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 09:20 AM   #242
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It's funny, like everything else, I struggle to make up my mind definitively on masks. Because there are very smart people who say masks work (which is where I lean), and there are very smart people who say they don't work. I feel like I cannot know who is right, I'm not a virologist, or a health care researcher. It's amazing to me that even on something as simple as masks, there is zero consensus. There are peer reviewed studies showing masks do nothing. It's hard for me to believe that they don't help at least a little, and I wear one every time I go out. But there's no consensus...

What works in surgery isn't the same as what works with this virus. It's possible the droplets are too small to be captured with a cloth mask. Again, I'm not taking that position, but there are smart people who do.

I pretty much gave up trying to figure this out, how can you when there is zero consensus among the experts? I don't know enough to feel comfortable saying one side is wrong. SO I go with my gut and wear a mask.
What works in surgery isn't the same as what works with this viru

there is zero consensus among the experts?

OMG. I bet you think we moved out of the Stone age because we ran out of Rocks.

Unbelievable response to telling a surgeon not wear masks
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device