View Single Post
Old 05-17-2023, 04:21 AM   #6
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Nice work. I have rebuilt one that was much larger and heavier on the ground than it appeared up on the garage roof when I took on the job... Bob, did you make it strictly decorative now that you are finishing the apartment?
While you have the chicken hook out, might as well spray that roof with some Wet N Forget.

Thanks Ross......I thought about patching the hole in the roof where the cupola sits and then reinstalling it just as a decoration ....but it serves an important function....I have no gable end vents or ridge vent and have seen what can happen to unvented areas like this. I think the leak was really just wind blown snow coming through the louvers and then melting.

Good suggestion about the wet and forget....never tried it....I have gone up and scrubbed off moss and scaling once in a while but will have to try that stuff next time.

Son and I are spending our saturdays working on this room that is intended for him to occupy sometime in the future.......he just turned forty and has lived alone and on his own for the last twenty years. Im thinking that as my wife and I are getting older it will be a good thing to have him here with us....but in his own separate living space.
The more time i spend up there the more i like it.... for the peace and quiet it provides. I already have my cot up there for napping

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 05:54 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote