View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 10:31 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Show me where I ever said a travel ban was bad, it is simply typical Trump* gaslighting. I've always said what he did was misdirected effort, not enough and just typical Trump* baloney based on his "gut" or "points to head".
He has set himself and us up perfectly to fail by ignoring the experts, not pushing for the funding and not enabling the staff and mechanisms that were in place to excel.
The nation that produced 8 fighters an hour in WW2, couldn't produce tests, swabs or masks to meet the need.
Yes, it is this administrations fault.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Jan. 21 announced the first travel-related case of novel coronavirus in the United States. Trump* made his administration's restrictions effective Feb. 2. (On Jan. 17, the CDC had begun health screenings of passengers on direct or connecting flights from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the outbreak.)

Trump* barred non-U.S. citizens from traveling from China, but there were 11 exceptions, and Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan were not included. U.S. citizens and permanent residents could still travel from China but were subject to screening and possible 14-day quarantine. Some flights were immediately suspended, but others continued for weeks, at the discretion of the airlines.

“All of the evidence we have indicates that travel restrictions and quarantines directed at individual countries are unlikely to keep the virus out of our borders,” said Jennifer Nuzzo, from Johns Hopkins University’s Center for Health Security, at a congressional hearing Feb. 5. She was not alone in saying this.

Screening and testing did not function and social distancing that has never been taken seriously by the WH was too little too late, so we are now at 1.4 million infected and 80 thousand dead.

It's far from over.
I never said, that you claimed the travel ban was bad. I said the media, and many prominent democrats, said it was unnecessary because the virus wasn't that dangerous.

Now they are shifting the goalposts.

Because what matters isn't the truth, what matters is orangemanbad.