Thread: Spook help
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #4
wrikerjr

There are alternative spook styles than the Howdy or Lordship agitator and each have different angles. The Howdy and Agitator are great plugs. I just prefer a different style. Like the Tattoo Sea Dog or Sea Pup. This means the angle will be different for the different styles.

Additionally, many people will say a plug should be x degrees or sit a certain way. You never know, always experiment and perhaphs you will come up with a better action or one that better fits your fishing style and condition.

I prefer a straight body with a front and back taper. I weight them behind the belly hook and 2/3 or the way back from the belly hook. I lower the lip tie on the front and leave a flat face, I want them to sit at a 15 to 20 degree angle in the water. It's a very effective walk the dog plug. I teach my nieces and nephews on this plug and they can do it very effectively. Its an easy build, every year I build the plug with my nephews cub scout class. Most of the kids can walk the dog with the plug and have caught fish on them.

I also have a norris squid copy that I walk the dog with very effectively. Its overkill design wise for a spook, but very effective, this one sits about 30 degrees in the water. Its a slightly larger body and the 30 degrees helps. It can be fished from the front and back and I've taken fish from both ends during the same trip.
wrikerjr is offline   Reply With Quote