View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #9
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackK View Post
I just got an iphone 5 a few days ago and I'm pretty happy with it. Crazy fast, pretty user friendly, gets great service offshore with AT&T. I was considering the S3 but it's just TOO BIG. I have big hands and it seemed more like a tablet than a phone. Seriously, it's huge.

The only thing I don't like about the iphone is the lack of customization options with the OS. On android you can really change things around to the way you like it, in terms of layout, widgets, etc. The iphone is much more locked in. I need to play with it some more to get it set up how I like it.

Both phones are very well reviewed and I don't think you can go wrong with either. The size was just the determining factor for me.
I've had an Android powered phone since they first came out and have always been very happy with the OS but size may drive me to my first ever iPhone as well. If I wanted a tablet I'd buy one. I'm also just curious, having never had an iPhone...

The not quite as slick Google and gMail integration have held me back as well as the lack of customization you mentioned but if my trusty 3+ year old Droid Incredible kicks the bucket I'd likely get an iPhone 5. Probably going to keep the Incredible until it finally gives up though as it just works and is in my mind the perfect size. As a fan of having the newest tech it's weird to say this but nothing on the market really makes we want to upgrade as my current phone does nothing wrong. The HTC DNA with a full 1080p 5" screen gets me excited, then the practical side of me realizes there's almost no scenario in which I'm going to watch an HD movie on a 5" screen.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote