View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 04:34 PM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
It is not my viewpoint that the President is titular at best.

It is not my viewpoint that the President has no responsibility.

As for "a unitary president", we do have, per the Constitution, one President at a time. And he has limited constitutional powers. You better tell Barr, because he believes in the unitary executive and the man he works for using that theory in his administration.

It is you that seems to have the Progressive viewpoint that the President has tremendous powers outside of constitutional limitations.

We do have these Progressive regulatory agencies which have unconstitutional plenary legislative, executive, and judicial powers. SCOTUS disagrees Wiener v. United States, 357 U.S. 349 (1958); Humphrey’s Executor
v. United States, 295 U.S. 602 (1935).
I may be wrong, but you seem to favor them. In which case, I would think that you would want them to continuously carry out their missions without constant supervision and command. Unless prohibited by Congress in their authorization, the President has the power to act with regards to Federal Agencies

As for the load of words that follow your above statement, they are not worth my spending any time dissecting. They amount to a narrative that can lead to different opinions and conjectures. Your implication has not been verified.

And I didn't mention Trump's impeachment. You keep making stuff up.
Perhaps I misunderstood and you are claiming that agencies used some other method to remove a duly elected President in this statement? "They even undermine our own democracy, for instance, by attempting to remove a duly elected President."

But currently the Covita campaign is looking at what's happening and trying to decide who's fault this is:

"If there was a flaw in our strategy, it was probably that we forgot that women had the vote."

"If there was a flaw in our strategy, it was letting our campaign staff steal all the money instead of using it for campaign purposes."

"If there was a flaw in our strategy, it was killing the voters."

“If there was a flaw in our strategy it was thinking that we could use a four-year-old platform and sell it as something new.”

"If there was a flaw in our campaign strategy, it was probably the decision to make our Number One issue the unfairness of cable TV to the president, instead of anything any voter actually cared about."

"If there was a flaw in our campaign strategy, it was nominating and re-nominating a malignant narcissist in thrall to foreign powers with zero care or concern for anything other than grabbing as much of other people's money as he could lay his hands on."

“If there was a flaw in our strategy it was thinking that we actually COULD fool all of the people, all of the time.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin