View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 08:01 PM   #3
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

Great story.
I had to swim not once but twice on our last canyon trip when I got too close to a high flyer. A large mahi shot out and grabbed the lure and shot right back into the flyer. I Panicked and put the boat in neutral to keep the line from wrapping the pot, figuring he might come out. With the tide ripping hard, our entire 10 line spread got dragged right around the flyer. Ughh! Now what. Backed up to the flyer to untangle our spread and promptly ran over the painter buoy. Well after untangling all but 1 lure and cutting ourselves free of the tangled mess I had to don the wetsuit and clear the prop. That was easy enough. Crystal clear warm water, no biggie. I told Buzz to watch for tiger sharks lol.
Anyway once I had the poly ball painter cut free I decided to return the gear to its owner and go tie it back up to the high flyer, plus i wanted my 20 dollar joe shute jighead back from the flyer, so that's what we did......Then I promptly ran it over AGAIN! back in the water! Again!.

I always have the wetsuit and mask on board. The hockey helmet is a great idea too.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote