View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 07:18 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
You guys are still missing the point behind what Bernie is saying. Corperatations have made out like bandits under guidance from the GOP, who panders to their voters by promoting classic conservative family values, yet at the same time the GOP doesn't put an ounce of value on the financial well being of the American family unless they are worth over 10 million dollars. It's all a smoke screen.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I just re-read it...and it actually doesn't say any of that....it does state..

When my Republican colleagues talk about “family values,” what they usually mean is opposition to a woman’s right to choose, opposition to contraception, opposition to gay rights. Let me today give a somewhat different perspective on family values – on real family values. as Detbuch pointed out...after reading the article you're still left wondering what "real family values" are according to Bernie

Republicans have been calling themselves the party of family values while carrying out an ideological agenda that weakens and undermines the economic security of the nation’s families. like welfare?

Republicans oppose any steps that would strengthen families.huh?

Conservatives hijacked the term family values (thought the word "hijacked" was banned from political discourse because of the whole terrorist thingy")

there's also the various "attacks" on the family mentioned from things like cancer, babies, the common flu and work commitments(some people refer to this as "life") that are just completely unfair.....