Thread: Lybia
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
We'll see how close they really are. Clearly the Admin is not going to go it alone, nor should we. I think the bigger piece is that Khadaffi is now seen as damaged goods by even much of the Arab leadership.

Never seen a report of Iran arming al Qaeda. Sending arms to Palestine is nothing new...

No, it's just a remark. And one I think that's defend-able. Bush would have made some dramatic remarks about standing up for those who seek freedom, the neocons would have had a circle jerk, and then they'd do nothing.

I think the calculus in Libya might not be in Khadaffi's favor. The real end game may be to get regime ending concessions.

-spence
Window is closing. Center of gravity was Tripoli, now it is Benghazi. Window. Closing. No time for high end fencing around an issue. Not that I support it...

Quote:
Never seen a report of Iran arming al Qaeda. Sending arms to Palestine is nothing new...
One of several reports but I'll use the NYTimes one: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/10/wo...st/10iran.html

China-Iran - take your pick (though it is earlier in this news story) Google

Obama when he doesn't do something or pick a side is good while displaying a certain elan and obvious high intelligence lost on the masses, Bush is bad - I get it.

Time will cost lives. Best to either get it on early or not at all.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: