View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #7
Squid kids Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Was at Carl Yastrzemski's last 2 games in 1983! Yaz Day (2nd to last game) had front row in front of the visiting on deck circle! When he made his lap around Fenway to say goodbye to the fans......I got to "high five" him after I took what I think is one of the best photos of him making his farewell lap! I will post a pic shortly! I saw 15 games that year including his last Opening Day! He sure was a great ball player! Also went to his induction ceremony 5 years later and saw him inducted along with Johnny Bench, Red Schoendist, Al Barlick and Harry Carey!

Saw Ted Williams in the first ever "Old Timers Game" at Fenway Park!! The most amazing thing about this day was what happened when Teddy Ballgame stepped into the batting cage to take a few warmup swings!!!! The media was just crammed up against the outside of the cage and when Ted got in there they all squatted down so as not to block everyones view......the place fell silent as he took a few swings and I gotta tell you.....it gave me chills to see him, even at his age line one into the outfield.....his swing was still a thing of beauty! He also made a shoe string catch of a ball hit to left.....the crowd went berserk!!!! Wow! Ted Williams!!
Larry..I was on the other side of the field, 1st row ,that same day..What a day..

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote