View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Paul, I have no doubt that there are differences between what Obama did and what Trump did. Different time, different circumstances, different men.

But there had to have been a lot of similarities. Trump is being criticized for increasing the suffering of the refugees, for causing families to be split apart. I have zero doubt that will happen as a result of his ban. I also have zero doubt that Obama's ban caused innocent people to suffer, and for families to be apart.

My point is this...the criticism aimed at Trumps ban, don't seem to be limited to the parts of his ban that are different from what Obama did (other than the religious litmus test, but that seems to bother me more than it bothers most other people).

You credited Obama for waiting until after there was a threat. Maybe that's valid praise. Maybe Trump jumped the gun a bit (for the sake of safety). But read the criticism most people are throwing around, and ask yourself if the majority of that criticism couldn't be equally applied to what Obama and Clinton did.

As for the Christian preference over Muslims. I don't like it. But the fact is, one of those religions is inspiring violent jihad, the other isn't. I don't like that fact any more than you do, but it is still fact. we can ignore it, or we can deal with it.

How many Christians did Obama bomb with drones? Zero.

How is it "unconstitutional" to do anything to anyone who isn't a US citizen? Doesn't the constitution only apply to US citizens?