View Single Post
Old 02-16-2023, 07:33 AM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Getting gouged on shipping

Ordered an aluminum automatic door bottom yesterday. It is a door sweep that when closed extends a silicone sweep to close off any opening between door and floor. 36" and maybe a couple pounds, maybe. The company is in Arizona. Trudoor dot com. As I attempt to complete the order, it prepopulates some of the costs. $19.95 for shipping "via handling fee." What is that? And then an additional $5.80 for "Home Delivery Fee". Never heard of that. They said that is what Fedex charges them. Did not see that anywhere in a brief search of Fedex site.
I surely want to buy American, from American companies. But I hate feeling that I have to be on guard all the time for this hidden fee or something being blamed on someone else... And if I am going to pay these rates, I shouldn't have to wait 7-10 days to receive it from inside the continental US, IMO.... Just like the fall of the Roman Empire, ours is surely crumbling. It sucks to be witness to the decline...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote