Thread: Fishing reports
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #50
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv2Fish View Post
On vacation last week. Launched at 4:00 am with my oldest daughter, jigged up some Macs and ran to the Race thinking we were going to kill it but there was nothing bigger than 30". My daughter, who hasn't caught anything under 40" all spring and is now spoiled was pissed. Fishing slowed up at the end of the tide so we ran back to pick up the wife, youngest daughter and wife's brother who was in from CO. He had never been in the ocean before so we decided to take him for a rip down the coast. Halfway to the canal, we came across this school of pogies getting hammered by 30-40lb bass. I'd snag a pogy and as soon as i made it stand out in the school, it was inhaled - less than a minute. Each fish to the boat had several fish trailing it. One even stole the pogy off the hooked fishes head right at the boat. We had this for 2 hours straight before we had to go in. With the amazing spring in upper Buzzards Bay and the amount of pogies and macs in CCB, it's shaping up to be a great year. Hopefully the temps stay down and the bait hangs around.

Here are my 7 and 9 year olds new PBs. Chit, my oldest now has me beat...
How sweet is that! :-)

Thanks, great post
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote