View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 08:36 AM   #132
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Of the 26 states that will have or likely will ban abortion now, 18 of those states have anti-trans laws; 19 have passed greater voter restrictions laws; All 26 states have disproportionate amounts of infant mortality especially for Black women.
The states pushing abortion bans are the poorest in the union with the highest child poverty rates; All 26 states have passed or are considering state-wide bans on critical race theory.
All 26 states have Republican supermajority (13) or simple majority (13) which gives the power pass or veto any legislation; 11 did not expand Medicaid, most in the South where 56% of Black people live; 7 of the 13 states w/trigger laws viz overturning of Roe are from the confederacy.
11 of the states have anti-sanctuary laws against undocumented immigrants. All 26 states have anti-protest legislation. Most of the anti-abortion states rank in the 50 percentile for pre-K-12 education.
An average of 70 percent of people in in the 26 states go to church at least once a month. White Christian nationalism drives the spat of legislation that seeks to return the United States to a pre-Civil Rights movement era.
Aggrieved white boys like you have enabled every right wing attack and movement.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You’re saying abortion restrictions are tyrannical.

As i recall from history class, the tyrants were the ones who wanted to slaughter huge numbers of innocent human beings. you’re saying it’s tyrannical to oppose the wholesale slaughter of tens of millions of innocents.

Have fun with that.

Pete, every criminal law on the books, limits choices women can make. Every single law. And we're all OK with that.

Every sane person opposes murder. our only point of disagreement, is the status of the baby. your side refuses to discuss that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-25-2022 at 08:53 AM..