View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #83
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So now when other countries do something we need to do it too? How funny is that. Let France decide our foreign policy.

Pure pathetic politics. Using the death of American's for politics.

There needs to be more hearings and investigations since this one (like all the others) didn't turn anything up. Use the same reasoning that was used for this investigation. There must be something there other than some misstatements made during the 1st few days w/a fluid situation. Why didn't they look into why Congress turned down requests for more $ to strengthen the defenses of our embassies?

70% of the American public thinks this is political and the results proved that.
"when other countries do something we need to do it too?"

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Liberals tend to have a really hard time responding to what has actually been said, instead, they like to but radical jibberish in the mouth of whoever is asking the question.

Why did other countries, and the Red Cross, know enough to get their people out of Benghazi? Why was Hilary's State Dept so less aware of the danger on the ground? Is that unfair to ask? If other countries clearly outperform us (in any area), you're saying there's no value in figuring out why that is?

Let me slow this down for you. I am not saying we do everything other countries do. But I'd like to know why other countries had a much better appreciation for the reality of th ethreat in Benghazi, than we did. Am I going too fast for you?

"How funny is that. "

Not very, especially for the families of the dead.

"Let France decide our foreign policy. " Not remotely what I said. But if we all agree that our foreign policy needs to be superior to that of the French, how do we achieve that by electing someone who can't do as good a job at foreign policy, as the French? Our foreign policy status has been clobbered since she was Sec State. Is none of that her fault? How is that worthy of a promotion?

"Pure pathetic politics"

Your limitless defense of her, I agree, is pathetic politics. Asking why other nations got out of Benghazi, while only Americans were left to die, is not a fair question in your mind? Your refusal to ask her any questions, seems fairly political, as no reasonable person would argue that we screwed up there, and she was in charge of the agency that screwed up.

"Why didn't they look into why Congress turned down requests for more $ to strengthen the defenses of our embassies?"

If that's true, we need to look into that. Fair enough?