View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #15
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
But you were/are older.... I was a skinny 13 yr old just getting into it. I would still need this aircraft carrier out there now! So you have any pics of yourself from the surfing days, Frank? That would be something we would all like to see!

Ya got that right Ross. I wake up from dreams riding that board still. You should keep it. There was a Dewey Webber shop in Eastham years ago. Cant remember the guy who owned it. Remember what he looked like though. It was also a small gas station on the righht just before the town hall. Two buddies of mine rode Dewey Webbers. Had a step deck and a concave bottom about the same length as the step deck. Could walk all day long on the nose. I am old enough to have met Bruce Brown when he was on tour showing the Endless Summer movie at small venues like a rented room at the VFW in Orleans one night. I think we paid two bucks to get in. Met Hobie Alter in his 64 Ford van that used to pull wheelies in at Ken's Surf Shop in North Eastham, right next door to Flemmings Donut Shop (which provided carbohydrated food on a grand scale), one day when he was on tour. I remember thinking that was really special back in the day. I might have a pic or two.

The guy I work for part time, his son is in charge of the professioanl surfing tour, AST ????, for the tour owners right now. His name is Bobby Shadley. He was just in charge of the womens tour, but he was doing so well with that they gave him a raise and a ton more responsibilty. Imagine being the guy in charge of the womens professional surfing tour???????

Last edited by Swimmer; 04-05-2011 at 11:41 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote