View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #22
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Hey Rosco, nice stick!

I knew it was a Weber from the logo but figured it pre-dated the Performer - I got a 9'6" Performer noserider as a high school graduation gift from my folks in '67. 23" wide - which would cramp your groin muscles just sitting on it but you never missed a wave and could spend all day on the nose. I even ended up naming one of my goldens 'Dewey' too

Wish I hadn't traded it in... -

I figure Shea from Weber is probably the late Dewey Weber's son - his dad Dewey was called "The Little Man on Wheels", great noserider.

Definitely keep it if you can - for yourself and your kids too, if they're interested at all in surfing. This year will be my 47th in the surf...

I still have 2 boards left, my favorite is an 8'2" Nectar noserider. You know, you might be surprised how far back in age a day in the surf will take you...

In fact, here's a clip from '66 to show you just how far back that really is...

Of course, there's still folks rocking the longboards...and the bikinis look better than ever, too...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote