Thread: Slow news day.
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #13
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

In some ways I'm surprised this guy went to the lengths of "comedy" that he did - certainly in this day and age. But it was pretty funny overall. BUT (here is the spencism part) by all reports he took a ship with a miserable morale and a lot of problems and made the vast majority of them blow off steam and reverse the poor morale. Not an easy thing to do I'm told.

As for the video, it was pretty funny. It was also a compilation of the most offensive and risque many previous videos. Go take a couple years of the most offensive clips from South Park and see what people think. Certainly the old foggies that have never seen it.

There are a lot of things we don't understand as civilians. We won't see the messages, humorously or crassly delivered in that video, that people in the Navy will have seen. And oddly enough, there were a few.

Its all moot now. Capt Honors has been sacrificed. I have a feeling he will land on his feet somewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if he as the first Navy Capt (retired) to host SNL, that would be sumptin.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: