View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #9
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
They created this law because of all the nitwit kids that walk around with their pants hanging 3/4 of the way down their A$$.....what they really need to do is pass a law which makes it Legal to walk up to these same idiots and Biatch-Slap them upside the head and tell them they look like friggin morons and to pull up there friggin pants.
Thanks for saying what I was thinking. This look started in Harlem in the 60's because poor inner city kids had to wear clothes handed down from their older siblings. It became popular in the 90's when hip hop stars started doing it to show how they were "keepin' it real". Hip hop artists set trends in the inner cities, then all the white kids from the suburbs want to show how "ghetto" they are so they start doing it. It's ridiculous that anyone thinks this "look" is cool or makes them more attractive to the opposite sex. This all started because people couldn't afford to buy clothes for all of their kids, so they had no choice but to wear clothes that didn't fit. The only good thing about this look is that it makes it harder for these idiots to run from the cops. And Spence, this is not racial profiling because it is directed at the white who dress like this as well. Also, I understand that most of these kids dressing like this are probably good, law abiding kids. But, they look like criminals, and that's what people are going to think they are without getting to know them. I guess I'm just a little old fashioned, but my son will not be allowed to dress like this when he's old enough to pick out his own clothes. To me, it just makes kids look like thugs.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote