View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #9
Saltheart

I ended up putting replacements in my Bay Window instead of doing the complete replace. Contractor who has done nice work for me in the past insisted the frame was solid as a rock so just replacement of the single pain rollouts with double pain double hung in the existing sound Bay Window frame was the way to go. I used Anderson. I have 3 more coming for the completion of the entire front of the house so they will all look the same. they are on sale now. I got 3 double hungs with full screens about 36X53 for $475 total. I will install the single windows myself but did have the contractor do the big Bay Window.

The front of the house will be all Anderson. I have a big 8 foot Anderson sliding door and 2-- 4 foot Anderson sliding windows. I chose Pella's for the side of the house where there is no soffit just cause they seemed to look better at that particular location than the Andersons. Overall , I have no complaints about either the Andersons or the Pella's. Some of the Andersons are 20-25 years old now and sill like new. The Pella's seems to be somewhat more money and except for the look in one location on the side I could not see why the price was justified to use them everywhere.

Last detail is that everything on the house I used new construction windows , not replacements because a lot were new constructions and some do to a need to replace some rot on sills and in lower corners , etc but along the front, I guess do to western exposure, and the soffits above them there were no rot issues whatsoever so I went replacement.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote