View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 12:04 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
(1) The victim was a Saudi, not an American. Is that going too fast for you?

US intelligence agencies do have a clear “duty to warn” any individual, US citizen or not, of any known violent threats against them. A 2015 directive to the National Security Act, issued by Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, requires the US to give “non-US persons” notice of “impending threats of intentional killing, serious bodily injury, or kidnapping.”

The US knew that Khashoggi was a target. US intelligence agents intercepted a plan to lure Khashoggi back to to the US, the Washington Post reported Oct. 10. An unnamed National Security Agency official also told the Observer’s John Schindler that US intelligence had learned that Riyadh “had something unpleasant in store for Khashoggi,” at least a day before Khashoggi went to the embassy in Istanbul. The “threat warning was communicated to the White House through official intelligence channels,” Schindler writes, but it’s not clear whether Khashoggi ever received the warning.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence has refused to comment on why Khashoggi was not warned.

(2) Trump condemned the assassination, look it up. But you hatred is so deranged, you have to lie about him.
CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s assassination
“We don’t like it even a little bit. But whether or not we should stop $110 billion from being spent in this country… That would not be acceptable to me,” Trump said last October 11, when asked whether he would cancel billions of dollars in weapons sales to Saudi Arabia if its leaders were implicated in the assassination. “I don’t like stopping massive amounts of money that’s being poured into our country.” Never mind that his numbers were as usual total baloney.

(3) you’re criticizing trump for retaliating for the murder of an american. You’re also criticizing Trump for not retaliating for the murder of a Saudi.

That’s some serious logic there. Tell me more.

I did not say that and neither did Iilan. It's not about the ratings and putting more Americans in harms way is not the way to do it.

Zero logic, zero consistency. Whatever Trump does, is wrong. We get it. Aren’t you embarrassed?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You support him without question and battle endlessly, are you projecting again?

Floridaman is incompetent and has no clue how to run foreign policy, his best are far from it, more and more becoming a gang of yes men.
Look at his results

North Korea where what easing there has been is owed much more to the new president of South Korea, Moon Jae-in, than to Floridaman and his silly "relationship".

Iran the administration’s Iran non-strategy, aka maximum-pressure campaign, just like pretty much all other foreign policy initiatives of this administration, has been implemented over the objection of all our democratic allies except Israel, because this administration is all but incapable of working with democratic partners.

Russia Ronald Reagan successfully bankrupted the Soviet Union after its invasion of Afghanistan; Trump, by contrast, wants to cede Ukraine and Syria to Russia. Did you see any American support for anti-government protests in Moscow? What about Paul Whelan?

China Hong Kong protests, where Floridaman uses “rioters”—the term preferred by the Chinese Communist Party—to refer to the protesters. He ignores the Chinese threat beyond economics and has never talked about the military threat that China poses. Never mind how much his unilateral trade wars have cost us.

NATO NATO members had already in 2014— before Trump became president—begun increasing their military spending, due in part to the prodding of Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama. Never mind the low regard our NATO allies have of Trump and his comments alluding that maybe we won't step up if needed.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin