View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 05:07 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
As Rudy claims, even if there was, it’s not a crime. Roger Stone arrested in FL with seven count indictment, which unless you are blind to the facts, proves collusion between the Trump campaign, Wikileaks and Russia. The WALL is closing in around the Trump family, maybe that is why he is holding out over the wall, he figures if I’m going down I’m taking the dems with me.
OK, this is a sincere question, not trying to be a jerk.

I just saw Alan Dershowitz, a liberal Harvard law professor, on TV. He said that the indictments against Stone (like most of the Mueller indictments) cover crimes that occurred after the Mueller investigation started. Meaning, the crimes amount to misdeeds done to obstruct the Mueller investigation (witness tampering, obstruction, etc), not misdeeds that connect the Trump campaign to Russian collusion during the campaign. How does the indictment prove collusion between team trump, wikileaks, and Russia.

I am just asking the question, is Dershowitz right or wrong?

And obviously, people who are guilty have much more incentive to obstruct and tamper with witnesses.

And here's another sincere question. If Trump colluded with the Russians to get dirt on the Hilary campaign (and that's looking like less and less of a huge 'if'), how different is that, from the DOJ using the Clinton-funded Steele dossier to get FISA warrants on an American citizen?