View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 03:56 PM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I consider Pete to be well read. I can’t imagine how he still has trouble with immigrants, how has he not figured out that they are not the issue? But when you compare these great folks with illegal immigrants the conversations turn sour. 3
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If only it was simple
Currently Mexicans are emigrating back more than to here, perhaps NAFTA2.0 will raise wages in Mexico and reduce it further
Central America has some horrible intertwined social and governmental issues
They will take a long time to solve
People will always want to escape scary situations where their lives are threatened
Reducing or eliminating aid as threatened will significantly impact programs that are in place to reduce refugee migration
Building a wall that we pay for will not inspect the 14000 trucks that come to the USA each day or do anything about the new routes that will appear as long as there’s demand like boats or planes
It also won’t stop Americans from hiring cheap labor (just like guns we already have laws for that, read about Don the Con and the polish laborers)
If there is no opportunity far fewer will come
The most aggressive people will migrate they always have, you can see examples of that here in the states
Plenty of anecdotal examples of southern New England factories hiring Vermonters because they were hard workers
The lazy people in many cases stayed on the farm

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin