View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #15
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
I have yet to inquire due to my on-line persona being somewhat different than I am in person, add to that I am still a smoker (forgive me Larry I want to quit though, hopefully soon) which makes me somewhat of a leper, although my hands are clean (TDF you had to get a good laugh from that thread). I am not quite comfortable with my safety equipment due to no reliable VHF and lack of a compass and haven't figured out the anchor setup yet.
Also I have cut way back on the talk radio and am trying not to get into political discussions which tends to alienate people and burn bridges that never got a chance to be constructed.
Ed, you'll fit in just fine. The Yak Rats are just a bunch of guys (and girls) who are very easy going and like to get together and fish on their kayaks. I wouldn't be too concerned about not having a compass or VHF. I wear a pdf and that's about it. I don't need a compass of vhf when fishing with the Yak Rats. I go pretty minimalist when I'm with a group. If I'm alone, I carry a radio and SPOT satellite person tracker. As for the smoking, as long as you're not blowing it in someones face I wouldn't think it's a problem.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote