Thread: Casting Envy
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #26
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Ask anyone who has fished a strong onshore wind with MAKAI. Throwing sandeels or tin while trying to punch through winds 15-20 in your face has consistently proven to me that distance can often make all the difference. Numerous times last year, that extra 20-30 yards has been the difference between getting 30-40" fish as opposed to 20-30" fish.

I'd rather have the tools and not need them, then not have the tools at all.
I agree. I've fished a spot where I was the only guy out of 5 or 6 people fishing that was catching anything bigger than schoolies. The bigger fish were way out from shore and I was the only guy who had the gear and heavy enough plugs to reach them.

Sometimes the fish are in so close that my wife could reach them, but sometimes they are out of range for a lot of people. Why do guys get in wetsuits and swim out to rocks to stand on if it doesn't matter how far out you get your bait?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote