View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #148
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Well, he did sign an Executive order to assist historically black colleges and universities procure $26B in funding. He also signed 2 bills that were going to help create jobs in the STEM fields for women, being that my daughter is currently studying for a degree in a STEM field, that is pretty significant from my point of view.

Not bad for a Misogynistic Racist.....

I'm in the same camp as Jim on the guy...I think he's a class "A" A$$, but you can't just ignore the good things he does and only focus on the bad....
"being that my daughter is currently studying for a degree in a STEM field, that is pretty significant from my point of view."

And I have 3 boys, but still feel that is significant, as well as noble, hopefully good public policy.

"you can't just ignore the good things he does and only focus on the bad"

The refusal of many (not all) to concede anything good about this guy...is like nothing I have ever seen. They even make up criticisms (saying he's an anti-Semite, which will come as news to Ivanka who is Jewish). The left is on a mission. They are putting ALL of their eggs in the "destroy Trump" basket. It could work like a charm for them. But if he implements some populist things that really resonate with folks, it could blow up in their faces.

The 2018 midterms will be fascinating. If you look at who is up for re-election in the Senate, it could not be worse for Democrats. Twice as any Dems up for re-election compared to the GOP, and many of the Dems are in purple states that went for Trump.