View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 05:01 AM   #44
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I'm sorry but do you guys realize who holds the biggest blame for helping Iran's current leader come to power?
THE UNITED STATES!

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"A cousin of mine has finished his freshman year in college; like most freshmen, he now knows absolutely everything. He took it upon himself, this week, to announce (to my brother, who is a very patient man) that Iran’s Islamist dictators were “a predictable consequence of American imperialism,” which manifested itself through “the CIA’s international pro-fascist crimes.”

That’s nonsense, of course, but it’s widely believed nonsense — and not just among college kids who’ve read the first chapter of a Noam Chomsky book. "

"Iran did not fall to the mullahs because of “the hated Shah,” as Ron Paul has said — it fell because the United States refused to defend progress from Islamism, in the same way we refused to protect our successes in Iraq from the rise of ISIS. The Shah’s government could have been saved, but we refused to save it.

So why do so many people believe the imperialist-calamity version of modern Persian history? Because the world is filled with freshmen and sophomoric adults."

timely article....sorry, not from a New Zealand or revisionist history website

http://www.nationalreview.com/node/421595/print

related http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...-iranians.html

read through the comments at the end ...many from Iranians...

seems Americans either blame America for doing too much or not doing enough...

...Iranias seem to blame themselves......... "Zarrin, I do not disagree with you that my generation was fooled and the completely misread Khomeini and the mullahs. We blew it. I am especially, mad at myself because I come from a family with mullahs among its members. I should have known that they care about only two things: What is between their legs and what is in their pockets. What worries me now is the current generation may be fooled by another dictator who looks good when out of power and of course completely changes his/her tune when in power. "

great exchange from the comments....

Mark •
I lived for a year in that country while it was ruled by that foreign imposed dictator. I can tell you this: no self-respecting American would ever tolerate such. Heck, we had a revolution back in the 1770s to get rid of ours. So did the Iranians, two hundred years later.

Sassan •
All one can do is laugh at this rhetoric trying to equate everything to America.

Your comparison of the 1979 bloodthirsty, Islamic totalitarian reaction in Iran, to the American Revolution of 1776 is laughable. America's revolution was inspired by freedom and democracy, whereas the Iranian reactionary event of 1978-1979 was motivated by pushing back all the positive social and economic gains made during the Pahlavi period. It can be argued that the current Islamic system in Iran is a foreign imposed dictatorship advancing a state ideology (Islam) founded in Arabia. It is undisputed that the "akhunds" (mullahs) have made every attemt at destroying Iran's native glorious pre-Islamic culture and history.

You living in Iran for one year, hardly makes you an expert. It is obvious that you are an apologist for the Islamic dictatorship. How unfortunate that people like you have such disregard for peoples intelligence. Most people know that the Shah was a true patriot and loved Iran deeply. After thirty-three years of ineffective and harmful rule by the akhunds, Iranians have had it. We want a true revolution that is inspired by freedom, democracy, and a secular society.

Seb Masri •

Ah yes, but you're forgetting that Mark doesn't believe Iranians deserve democracy or freedom. He also doesn't see them as intelligent enough to understand what freedom is. Mark is an apologist, who clearly has issues with his own government in America, and therefore sees Iran as a beacon of human rights, liberalism and freedom - actually, that's wrong - Mark also once said that Iranians don't want liberalism, as if liberalism is something they don't understand.

Last edited by scottw; 07-25-2015 at 05:41 AM..