Thread: More kitchens
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 05:50 PM   #151
Hookedagain

Unfortunately most framers are not like you and I. I would make certain that every joint and miter was tight as a bulls ass in fly season. Seems like not many can read tape anymore....if its within a 1/4" its close enough. I worked for a guy a few years back and all my framing was on point, tight, clean. He decided to go by on a Saturday and "help me out". Money was my last day. Absolutely terrible! Where the framing net the pitch of the ceiling he used all square cuts, I mitered it, Headers were short, JACKS were short. I asked if he even knew the purpose of a jack stud. And the stew that broke the camels back is the post he put in to carry the beam...it sat on the floor boards ..between the floor joists.. with nothing on the floor below. I tried to explain point loads but it was useless. I told him I would either take things apart and re do them or fix them, he said it wasn't in the budget.....that was my last day. I couldn't in good conscience leave it that was and I sure couldn't keep going and have my name on it that way.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote