Thread: More kitchens
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 04:50 AM   #170
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you guys mean??

All those features are intentional.

"picture #1" = The framers are simply testing the integrity of the sheet-rock guys...wondering if they'll just rock right over it or report it. It's a simple matter of quality control....wish my framers would have "tested" my rockers' integrity like that.

"picture #2" = Perhaps you didn't know, but by carefully positioning a knot between some 2x's promotes a "Good Omen". They're simply wishing the owners Good Luck. Superstitious, is all it is. They know the owner's wife is a palm-reader.

"picture #3" = This is a Concept Trial. They are purposely missing the sheathing so they can then turn the nails back into the 2x6 for better security. This way the nail can't back out...this is a new code which was implemented in some of our hurricane states.

Bob took the picture prematurely....this is the after pick from the following day.

Funny stuff there Gilly.....We got a saying "Dont piss on my leg and then tell me it's raining" ...basically meaning..... dont make excuses or try to bull#^&#^&#^&#^& me. I have way to much experience for that.......cant be fooled.

Picture #2 ....is actually a (lucky) rock stuck between the top and double plate....notice the nails in the hurricane clip......into nothing....they didn't see the rock? Come on man!
The sheetrock guys would rock over anything and everything in their path.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote