Thread: More kitchens
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 05:02 AM   #171
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
Oh you're funny "whats next"...whats next is paying off what we put on home equity to make it happen oh and the washer dryer combo is way overdue LOL! I almost feel like it's too fancy for the rest of the house now! HAHA! but I dont regret any of it...honestly it was our 20th anniversary present to each other! And I am no longer ashamed of what I called my dumpy kitchen! new range, hood and finally a dishwasher... kept fridge because it wasnt THAT old ... we had to got short a few years back to fit under old cabinets .. was not easy to find ...designer worked in space (removable panel)to fit common modern size when we need to upgrade which probably wont be long since every thing is made like crap these days...anyway everything new from tile up except fridge and we did not rip out plaster walls or ceiling (had skim coat put on ceiling though). I love the tile, under counter lighting, granite counter top, etc. I don't mind small kitchen itself but seating is limited to basically 4...not great especially with no separate dining room but as far as kitchen goes I love that I now have dishwasher, 3 times the counter space and ten times the cabinet space I used to have. Did not expand kitchen size at all but the space where the stove is now was bare wasted wall. To the right of fridge was the stove and as you can imagine counter and cabinet space was VERY minimal. Wish I had a good pic of crown molding it came out flawless especially for a 60 year old house! I feared it would be too much in such a small space but it wasn't , all in all the small is so much more functional (and beautiful) seating area stayed the same but over all we made better use of wasted space for higher function! I am too ashamed to show the before pics....but trust me the transformation was huge!

Kitchen looks great Jenn! I admire your patience and attitude.

The proverb “all things come to those who wait” comes to mind.... if person is persistent and patient, they will finally achieve their goal.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote