View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #13
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashamy View Post
tag-a-giant and Block are huge supporters of shutting the fishery down...the two stock theory was created by a guy name Fox...that is why the ICAAT quota for the western atlantic was so low...one a BFT reaches about 90 inches they travel to the Med to breed ect...some stay here but it has always been like a 10th of what spawns in the med, I do not have a study but I have been at this game my whole life and it is common knowledge amongst loing time bft enthusiasts...just look at where some of those pop ups surface...Ireland, Spain Italy...
Have any sites at all for us to look at? I'm pretty interested in reading credible reports about the bluefin stocks because it can be such a pressing issue. No offense, but I don't put much stock in "common knowledge", especially when it comes to a species as mobile and mysterious as BFT. Every map that I have seen tracking tags has looked almost exactly the same with only a fraction of the tags heading East while most head to the Gulf.

**Addition**
After talking to the seal huggers at one of the past trade shows, I've experienced how the "experts" spin and demonstrate denial to some blatant observations. That's why I'd be very interested in reading something by an independent source.

Last edited by JohnnyD; 07-13-2010 at 08:35 AM..
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote