View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 10:20 AM   #29
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It a lie, only if he knew when he said it, that he wasn't going to pursue it. How might you know that?

And what was it (a broken promise or a lie), when Obama campaigned in 2008 about immigration reform ion his first term, and didn't deliver? Wait! Lemme guess!! It was George Bush's fault?
No, he had a chance and didn't do it in his first two years. That was disappointing. Then congress flipped and it was basically off the table. Obama was far from perfect. There are many things he did I disagree with. I wish at times things were done in a more bi-partisan way, but with Mitch McConnells sole goal to make him a one-term president, not much was going to get done.

There is a difference between not getting a campaign promise done and a lie.

Trump lies, daily. He lies about the wall. He lies about the funding for the wall. He lies about improvements in the wall, which was basically the same process the last two administrations have done. He lies about 10 terrorists, he lies about Saudi Arabia.

See the difference?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"