View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 09:00 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
but the taxes are lower.
right.

many people would rather the state take less of their money, because then they have more money to get for themselves, whatever they need.

i’m not saying there aren’t cultural challenges in the deep south, as there are cultural
challenges in the big cities.

Here’s what i’m saying. I could move to FL tomorrow. If i did so, I’d save more than 15k a year in state income taxes. that’s not counting many other savings, gas taxes, municipal car tax, etc. In addition, the public universities in FL are about $12k a year cheaper than UCONN.

I’d save an absolute fortune. And there are nice, quiet suburbs where i could enjoy a similar quality of life

Many many people are realizing what i realized. The only reason i don’t go is that my parents live a mile away and i like being near them in their old age. Not many people
feel that obligation, which is why so many are moving to places where life is a lot easier

$15k more in my pocket every single year, PLUS save a fortune on college? That ain’t peanuts, Paul.

Similar savings in NH and the suburbs of Charlotte and Nashville.

and i can’t think of a single thing i get for that premium
i pay here in CT, that i wouldn’t get in a nice suburb of NH, NC, SC, TN, or FL.

i pay a fortune more to live here, and i honestly don’t know if a single thing i get that i wouldn’t get in any of those places.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device