View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #145
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
We've discussed this many times. Take out giving to churches and the #s are very close. My largest charity is to my church.
Agreed, it's very close, even with churches. I wasn't saying that conservatives are far more generous than liberals, so your pointing out the fact about churches, in no way responds to what I said.

YOU were the one who made th ecomment that democrats show compassion, implying to me, that you don't feel that conservatives share that compassion. That's demonstrably false. Unless I missed what you meant when you said this:

"They (Democrats) show some compassion for those that need a helping hand.

How is that?

What do Repub. do for Black people? "

The liberal policies that have been born out of that compassion, have been an abject disaster for blacks. Look at the urban areas that democrats have controled unilaterally for 40 years. Are they better, or worse, after 40 years of liberal rule, Paul?

If I asked you, or Spence, or Rockhound this question, how would you respond? Here's the question - please tell me what evidence there is, other than popular perception, that liberals care more about blacks than conservatives do? Seriously, how would you respond to that?