Thread: Let's start
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You don’t hold an intimate speaking event in Madison Square Garden there Jim. I think the fact that they can make millions off of this speaks volumes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
maybe they should aim for something a little more intimate...

..as they gazed out at the more than 15,000 empty seats facing them last night in Toronto on their stadium speaking tour. Even though curtains were erected cutting the arena in half, the vacant seats far outnumbered the occupied ones. The U.K. Daily Mail reports that 3,300 tickets were sold in the Scotiabank Arena, which holds 19,800, 16.6% of capacity.

Perhaps even more humiliating, while ticket prices began at $53 (Canadian), the U.K. Daily Mail reported that "one ticket was going for $6.55 in the final minutes before the event."

Clinton-friendly CNN reports: And even Democrats loyal to the Clintons are questioning the decision to embark on the tour.

"I just think the optics of going to an event where people are paying to see them, and they are financially gaining from this, I am not sure that is the right way to reingratiate them back into the public sphere," said a former Clinton aide.

The very progressive Toronto Star's review of the performance headlined, "Hillary and Bill Clinton just won't go away."