View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 12:55 PM   #117
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I don't blame either one of them. No one was worried about a shortage, this outbreak caught the world by surprise.
It did, but it hit China first, not the whole world at the same time, and a lot of the medical experts were saying as China was escalating, that we should be prepared. Trump gets credit for being proactive about the travel restrictions with China, but then it is equally fair to ask what else they were doing. Based on his talk, and apparently actions of the administration, they treated the travel restrictions as 'problem solved'

The response for other preparations was delayed, at the federal and state levels. I don't see how that is a debate point in any of this. I don't think POTUS took this seriously enough in the beginning, and still at times is waffling in public with misleading and incorrect statements about testing, preparedness and none of that helps.

It is going to be a long road, if we are lucky, and Faucci's number (200K dead) is correct (and that is lucky, vs millions in some models).

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"