Thread: Palins Alaska
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
the only reason she is reaping anything is she is a fairly good looking female. If she was an ugly old bat no one would care.
Professor, the woman came from very modest beginnings. She exposed significant political corruption in her own party, got elected governor, and had the highest approval ratings of any governor in the country. She did amazing things for Alaska's economy.

Before the smear campaign, the people of Alaska loved her...her approval ratings were about double what Obama's are now. Maybe she wasn't Omama's classmate at Harvard. But somewhere along the way, she (unlike Obama) learned a few things, like the fact that you can't spend what you don't have, and that you can't make terrorists like us, so we need to kill them.

How about the fact that she freely chose to give birth to a baby with Downs, knowing all the challenges that brings? Does she get any points with you for that?

And yes, she is hot. Anyone who makes conservatism sexy, in addition to being obviously superior to liberalism, is OK in my book.

Professor, do yourself a favor, and turn off MSNBC for 5 minutes.

When I was in Alaska, I saw alot of cars with this bumper sticker. "Alaska...Coldest state, hottest governor".

And everyone should see Alaska. I have video of my wife and I salmon fishing with brown bears in the water behind her, pulling salmon out of the water (Katmai Nat'l Park). It's a spectacular place.